Latest entries from the Blog:
- New building to meet code level 3 in Wandsworth
- Successful planning permission for Orangery in Buckingham
- Planning challenges in Kensington & Chelsea
- Planning permission for glazed extension in Tring
- Local Authority regulations met for new Conservatory in Aylesbury
- Dynamic Energy Assessors provide multiple SAP calculations for client near Redhill
- Dynamic Energy Assessors now offer Display Energy Certificates
- Dynamic Energy Assessors to assist team gaining BREEAM Very Good rating in Clapham
- BREEAM consultancy for a mixed development in Mortlake
- Dynamic energy assessors now offer breeam consultancy
- DEA are producing SAP calculations for major redevelopment
- DEA to help Surrey NHS partnership to sell properties
Do you know what PAS2050 is? Should you know what PAS2050 is? Should you care what PAS2050 is?
If you are a business providing product and/or service then yes, yes and yes!
Publicly Available Specification 2050 – the first standard method for calculating life cycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of products, was published in October 2008 by British Standards Institue, co-sponsored by the Carbon Trust and Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). The allows people to understand carbon footprint information.
Is this simply another set of red tape to negotiate or is this truly an opportunity?
The government backed Carbon Trust worked with 20 leading companies, from international organisations to SME’s, across diverse range of products and services both simple and complex, across many stages of the supply chain and found these companies that have measured the Green House Gas emissions of their products have benefited in several ways:
- Identified high-impact cost-saving opportunities across the supply chain
- Built stronger, more collaborative relationships with suppliers
- Revealed true sources and drivers of emmisions leading to more effective carbon reduction strategies
- Developed better management practices in general
If you believe these benefits may be of interest to your organisation then contact us